المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : My two wives

ايهم
11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi All, I hope you will like my poetry, and by the way I have only one wife and I do love her hahaha

Two Wives

Ayham Al Rashed lost his wife

Neighbors said he took her life

Did he poison or strangle or smother

Howsoever, he married another

A shy and un-suspicious thing

She wore the first wife’s wedding ring

Asleep she lay where the first wife’s head

Had pillowed itself on that fateful bed

But she woke at midnight shivering

A cold hand plucked at her marriage ring

And a voice at her ear had a graveyard tone

“Give the dead her own”

Ayham woke at his young bride’s scream

Up he sprang and brought some candles

But ghostly wife has elfin sandals

He swore to his bride it was just a dream

He lifted her hand in the candles gleam

“I’ll wager my all that it’s still on”

But –Lord Have Mercy!—the ring was gone

رمانة
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Salam, i enjoyed reading your poetry, but i wonder "did your wife read it or not ??" I think this is an important question, talking about second marriage really bothers wives even if it is a joke ,and the problem starts when some of them begin to "think " they are endangered as this idea or joke may happen one day ,and more suspicious ideas will grow in wife`s mind . again, it`s a funny poem, but it has a controversial topic .there is a beautiful saying i want 2 end my comment with

Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening

Maya Angelou ,U.S. writer

with my regards

.....................:bye1:

ايهم
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi,,, well my wife did read that, and she knows that I am one of the very few who are fighting this habit, and I don't think that one day I will be able to share my heart with someone else, actually my wife is a Swiss doctor who lived in Canada and she was scared of the idea of marrying and Arab, though now we are expecting our first baby, and things are ok. We went to Syria and spent good time in DerAzzor. :)
Back to the poem, I am using lots of symbols and images, such as referring to the second wife as a thing in the 5th line, meaning that a person who will have more than one wife will treat or feel that women are things. And I am against that.
Still there are lots to explain. I will explain upon request.

thank you for taking the time reading my work
and I liked your point of view
hopefuly I will post more work and I would like to have your feedback :)

مقداد غدير
11-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Ayham I read your poem
And I liked but I want to ask you how you mastered the language proficiency of these Vklmatk demonstrate proficiency language well

finally thank you

ايهم
11-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Hi Migdad... well I was studying in an International school as a kid then I studied English Literature, and worked as an English teacher and coordinator for 5 years, and now I am living in Canada so I speak both languages fluently and I write poetry, short stories and songs also in both languages.
thank you for reading my work and I will add more soon